July 12, 2009

Jackmanii' Flowers.

I was up very early this morning, or rather up late last night. Lying in my bed at 3AM, I watched the sky turn rosy red in the far east, as the sun was rising. The somewhat clear skies turned cloudy as I was falling asleep a few hours later and although I woke up to the sound of light rain in the late morning, the day did offer some sunshine in the afternoon.

In some way I like those rainy Sunday mornings. There is no rush to go outside, nor feeling guilty to be missing out on the sunshine. Instead it gives me time to sleep in and bake some fresh bread, prepare coffee from freshly ground beans and curl up in front of the television, watching my favorite movies. Today I watched - again - my favorite tragic story of all times, "Franco Zeffirelli's Romeo and Juliet". I have dedicated a post to this movie in the past and those who have followed me for a while know two things about me; I am a hopeless romantic and I love this movie. The copy I saw today was a birthday gift from the Irishman, as strangely enough, I never owned the movie until now.
Did I tell you that he just "gets me"?

This week the rain that has been absent for such a long time was welcomed by the nature. No matter how I miss the heat, I have to conclude that the Scandinavian weather is perfect for agriculture.
Likewise, the rain had brought my Jackmanii clematis into bloom! Yes, the first few flowers can now be clearly observed. A reward for me and all of you that have been patient enough to follow this crazy update of mine.

Batcat is oblivious to all these changes in weather and nature and continues to love to relax. He has adopted a new habit in the past two months and that is to jump up on my bed at exactly 4AM each morning sniffing my face and purring loudly, demanding attention.
I can set my watch according to this new routine of his.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful and easy Sunday.

13 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

I own a copy of the dvd of Zeffirelli's "Romeo and Juliet". I first saw it in high school back in the 70s and I loved it. I wrote an essay on it. I really loved Olivia Hussey in the role of Juliet and Michael York as Tybalt. It's a great movie and it's so nice to hear of someone who enjoys it too.

We have the "Batcat" experience on our bed too. Our Daisy wants affection just before we go to sleep and then again first thing in the morning. They are wonderful creatures, aren't they?

Kat

P.S. Protege- I have an award for you at my blog.

Reasons said...

I adore Romeo and Juliet in all its forms. Your Sunday sounds blissfull!

FASHION CHALET said...

Sunny Sunday I hope? :)

Your posts are alwayssss so uplifting. Thanks, dear!



x

Mahmud Yussop said...

What marvellous blue colours of the clematis you have there! (finally!after patiently following your story through winter,spring and now summer)It's all worth the wait.Thanks for sharing. P.S. My cat Inul's habit is to wake me up around 5 a.m. by coming close to my ears and meowing me to open the door to let her out of the house. They are a natural clock.Simply adorable.

steviewren said...

I slept in late this morning as well. I had plans to get lots of work around the house this weekend, but I could never motivate myself to do much. Oh well, no one lives here except me so I guess it doesn't matter much. I did make a big dish of spaghetti last night. I added grated carrots and spinach to the sauce to make it healthier. I'll be eating it all week.

Melanie Gillispie said...

Beautiful! I think you should take a vacation and come to North Carolina and plant flowers for me!

Zuzana said...

=Kat,
so glad you like this movie as well.;) Olivia is one of my old time favorite actresses; there is something ultimately vulnerable and ethereal about her.;)
I can not imagine my life without Batcat so I can so relate to your sentiment about pets.;))
I love awards, I will be right over.;)) Thank you.;) xoxo

=Reason To Be..,
glad to find a kindred soul. I hope your Sunday was wonderful too, despite all your patients.;)) xoxo

=Erika,
yes, some sun, but not as nice as last weekend.;)) Thank you for always finding the time to stop by.;))
xoxo

=Mahmud,
glad you love my clematis and its flowers.;) It is only going to get more beautiful as the weeks pass along.;))
Your cat Inul sound adorable, I truly think that cat are the best pets.;))

=stevie,
sounds like your Sunday was great too.;)) I know what you mean by not worrying too much about stuff around the house when you live alone.;))) I cooked some pasta too this weekend and I think I am too going to eat it at least half of the week.;))) xo

=Mel,
ah, I would love to be in NC right now in the wonderful humid heat.;)) Thank yo so much for all your wonderful comments.;))xo

Gal Friday said...

What an exquisite shade of deep purple your clematis is! I guess the flowers were waiting for that rain(after all the sun and heat last week) to bloom!
Like Poetikat, I also watched Zefferelli's "Romeo and Juliet" in high school(after studying the play in English class), and I am almost certain my own daughter will be introduced to it, as she'll be reading Shakespeare either this year or next in high school.

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Oh, that Batcat! Four a.m.!?? Don't kitties have a way of getting away with things? It's a good thing we love them so!

The Jackmanii flowers have the deepest purple/blue...lovely.

Hilary said...

Those clematis are looking fine.. so much fun to see how they're progressing. One of my cats wakes me that way daily too. I bet you tend to stir in your sleep at that hour, and that's all the invitation Batcat needs. :)

Zuzana said...

=Tina,
glad you like the flowers, I too am amazed each year at how stunning they get.;))
Yes, I agree with you and Kat, I too saw this move for the first time in early 80's as a part of my English class and loved it ever since.;)) Hope your daughter will love it too.;)

=Jill,
the pictures of your cats yesterday was just sooooo cute.;)) So I know that you love them too.;))
Glad you like my lovely clematis, it will only get more beautiful in the next couple of weeks.;)

=Hilary,
I think you are right, they can feel that we have some sort of routine too, even when we sleep.;)) As for the clematis, I hope to post pictures of even more flowers next week.;)
Always happy that you find the time to stop by my dear friend.;)

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

I haven't seen this flower in India, but many similar.

Bedse Caves

Zuzana said...

=Bhavesh,
I am sure in India the flowers are much more exotic.;)) Thank you for stopping by.;))